In the bottom of that sidebar, you find pictures and videos of my beautiful Colombia! Enjoy it!

Sudoku!

This is one of my hobbies. I share with you becouse is a good way to distract you of stress from University or School! I hope you like it! Oh, I'll give to you a little advice: When you finish it, please go back to study numerical methods.
El sudoku del día por SudokusWeb.com

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Fixed point iteration

.

In numerical analysis, fixed point iteration is a method of computing fixed points of iterated functions.
More specifically, given a function f defined on the real numbers with real values and given a point x0 in the domain of f, the fixed point iteration is X n+1= f (Xn), n = 0,1,2,... which gives rise to the sequence Xo, X1, X2,... which is hoped to converge to a point x. If f is continuous, then one can prove that the obtained x is a fixed point of f, i.e.,

f(x) = x
More generally, the function f can be defined on any metric space with values in that same space.



2 comments:

Marce Carrillo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marce Carrillo said...

hey you

My Colombia!